Feedback Here

fbook  tweeter  linkin  google

Global contents also translated in
Chinese

Global textile companies eye India for their sourcing needs

"Amid clouds of uncertainty, companies across the globe are facing challenges while operating businesses out of their own countries. Given this scenario, India is emerging a preferred destination for sourcing. Alessandro Lenzi, Administrator, Lebiz srl, recently came to India to explore factories for intimate apparels. He pointed out despite the economic crisis in Italy, his company is optimistic about further growth. This is the best time to explore new growth opportunities and to come back strongly post crisis, as early as possible."

 

16March ElevateFashion 4H 0f3d6

 

Amid clouds of uncertainty, companies across the globe are facing challenges while operating businesses out of their own countries. Given this scenario, India is emerging a preferred destination for sourcing. Alessandro Lenzi, Administrator, Lebiz srl, recently came to India to explore factories for intimate apparels. He pointed out despite the economic crisis in Italy, his company is optimistic about further growth. This is the best time to explore new growth opportunities and to come back strongly post crisis, as early as possible.

The company has 26 stores in Bologna and they realised Italian consumers prefer Indian productsm hence, India is a hub they can’t ignore anymore. Initially the plan is to source 20,000 pieces per collection annually and with 4 to 5 collections a year. Some manufacturers are in touch with them. As of now, they are exploring prints. Other sourcing companies too are increasingly looking at India as their sourcing partner. Saudi Arabia’s Nama Arabia Apparels, (‘Blooming’ label) was working primarily out of China but now they are impressed with Indian manufacturers and rethinking options. Fawzi Alnahdi, CEO, Nama Arabia Apparels says around 95 per cent of their products, including underwear and outerwear, are out of China but now they would like to start working with casual womenswear that would appeal to women in Saudi Arabia.

dc Cover 2fg19nsn8s5ll2e7h3qidk74b5 20161113163503.Medi

 

Some buyers say they are working hard to ensure timely delivery from Indian exporters and insisting on focusing more on product development. Rayes Gimenez, Manager, Kuini Creation, Spain and Jaime Barba of 360 Streetwear, are upbeat about their sourcing tie-up. As Ada Kamara, Mykonos, Greece says, India is their biggest sourcing destination. They are looking for fresh collections and hope to make new contacts with exporters that will support their growth plans as they plan to become wholesalers and spread their wings.

For Sarabjit Singh E.E., Manager, Siba International, Denmark, any exporter who can offer innovative patterns will have an upper hand in winning contracts. Twinset S.P.A., from Italy has been sourcing from India for the last 15 years and their journey have been impressive. The company is represented by Preeti Walia in India. Around 70 per cent of products are sourced from India, while the remaining 30 per cent of basic/core lines are sourced from China. Hand embroidery is at the core of most of the products sourced from India.

Opening new horizons

Russia is a potential market for Indian exporters. As Valery Sidorenkov, Chief production officer and quality assurance, Modis, Moscow says he is working with six exporters in India. They are sourcing good volume of womenswear, menswear and kids wear from India. He says, garment exporters should have proper data and start analysing where they exactly are. Some key areas like good quality can make a company profitable. Strong quality management system and data assessment system will help reduce issues like extra procurement of material, amount of manpower invested on check, rechecks, reworks, so proper data would be the starting point.

Gurgaon-based Rania Trading, Gurgaon is as an authorised agency for UK companies Poundstretcher, the Pet Hut, Pound Store. It is mainly into home furnishing products and is now exploring garment also. Udit Gupta, Assistant Merchandiser, Rania Trading says they are planning to start with kids wear and will proceed accordingly. With such an expansive list of clients, it is challenging for the company to find good quality products with reasonable price but they are managing with their experience and expertise in the field.

 
LATEST TOP NEWS
 
 
MOST POPULAR NEWS